Category Quality Manager
Lantmännen Cerealia is strengthening our Quality team with Category Quality Manager in Kotka / Helsinki.
We are looking for a product category quality manager for our crisp operations that will have a key role in harmonizing the Cerealia way of working in the given product category. The person we are looking for will also take a leading role at the Kotka production site to drive quality end-to-end. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a quality journey in a globally operating company that believe in making a positive difference in food and where all our employees contribute and take part in the quality work.
The product category quality manager is a new role within Cerealia with the overall aim to harmonize and continuously improve our way of working with quality. This is to be done in close cooperation with site management, production leaders, the other product category managers and the central quality team. The product category quality managers shall coach the production staff and facilitate a strong implementation of routines and a healthy food safety culture. S(he) will work closely together with colleagues in production to risk asses and continuously improve processes. S(he) will also work with other departments with hands on support in go-to-market activities and post-launch operations for the given category of products (both own production and traded).
To succeed in this role you have a passion to motivate others to deliver and to execute yourself. You have an entrepreneurial mind with capabilities within continuous improvement and risk assessment in food production. To thrive in this role you enjoy a fast moving pace in company that offers many international contacts and learning experiences.
The product Category Quality Manager will report to the Plant Manager Kotka and with a dotted line to the Head of Quality in Stockholm. The position is located in Kotka/Helsinki. The role will require occasional international travel.
Main tasks include but are not limited to:
- Drive and harmonize the Cerealia way of working for the Crisp category within quality and food safety in close cooperation with other category quality managers, site mangers, production leaders and the central quality team.
- Drive the overall quality at Kotka production site, including but not limited to audits (internal and external), trainings, collaboration with authorities, full product quality, customer feedback etc.
- Coach and facilitate the production to enable a strong implementation of routines and a healthy food safety culture
- Work closely together with colleagues in production to risk asses and continuously improve the processes
- Work with other departments with hands on support in go-to-market activities and post-launch operations for the given category of products
- Identify training needs and organize training interventions to meet best industry practice
Additionally, we see that:
- MSc/Bachelor’s degree preferred within engineering , agriculture, food science or equivalent
- Product or industry-specific experience within product development, large scale production or equivalent
- Risk assessment of processes and products
- Use to drive larger continuous improvement projects
- Change management skills
- Communication skills - verbal and written (English)
- Problem analysis and problem solving
- Focus on what matters most
- Customer service orientation
- Leading and coaching within a team without direct reports
- Takes responsibility to deliver within a Value and Performance driven Culture
- Fluent in Finnish and English at a professional level both oral and written
Please note that we will go through applications ongoing.
We welcome your application!
Lantmännen Cerealia Oy is part of the Swedish agricultural cooperative Lantmännen. Lantmännen is Northern Europe’s leader in agriculture, machinery, bioenergy and food products. Owned by 27,000 Swedish farmers, we have 10,000 employees, operations in over 20 countries and revenues of SEK 37 billion. With grain as our basis, we process arable land resources to make farming thrive. Some of our best known food brands are AXA, Kungsörnen, GoGreen, Schulstad, Gooh, Finn Crisp and Bonjour. Our company is founded on knowledge and values built up through generations of owners. Having research, development and operations throughout the value chain means that we can take responsibility together – from field to fork. More information can be found on www.lantmannen.com
The production of Crisp bread is part of Lantmännen Cerealia. Lantmännen Cerealia develops, manufactures and markets mainly cereal-based products under strong brands such as AXA, Gyllenhammar, Gooh, GoGreen, Sopps, Kungsörnen, Amo, Kornkammeret and Regal. The range consists mainly of breakfast foods, flour, flour mixes, pasta, pancakes, beans / lentils and ready-to-eat meals that are sold to the industrial, foodservice, and consumer markets in the Nordic countries.